Review the following information and certify below that you are eligible to make a reservation.
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort authorized patrons include United States active-duty military members, military retirees, military reservists, national guardsmen, current Department of Defense civilian employees assigned to EUCOM, foreign military currently on orders assigned to a U.S. military installation and the family members of authorized patrons. NATO military members with a USAREUR installation pass and AE Form 600-700 are eligible to stay at the Edelweiss Resort. For more information about NATO eligibility, please click here.
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort patronage is governed by Department of Defense Instruction 1015.10 (Programs for Military Morale, Welfare, and Recreation). Military sponsors should not reserve additional rooms under their name for other eligible military patrons. A room reserved with multiple sponsors should be reserved based on the highest ranking sponsor. Guests with both retired and civilian status living in Europe, must reserve based on the civilian rank. Room rates may change upon check-in based on sponsors rank.
I am eligible and would like to make a reservation.
Please read below for complete listing of eligibility authorization.
U.S Armed Forces and their families
- Members on Active Duty.
- Personnel attending a U.S. military academy and assigned to duty in USAREUR.
- Reserve Component Personnel
- Retired U.S. Military Personnel
- Family members of U.S. military personnel when the family resides with the sponsor in the country of assignment.
Foreign Liaison Personnel
- Personnel from Belgium, Canada, France, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom who are performing liaison functions with a military mission in Germany and are accredited to the CG, USAREUR, or the CG, USAFE (including personnel assigned to the sending state mission of those countries).
Foreign Military Personnel Assigned to a NATO Base additional information
- NATO military and civilian personnel and their Family members who are citizens of Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States are authorized to use AFRC facilities. For additional information
- U.S. Military personnel, NATO Military and civilian personnel assigned to international military headquarters or activities supported by USAREUR
- German NATO military and civilian personnel in Germany who are TDY to an international military headquarters and who are normally assigned to another international military headquarters outside of Germany.
- German military and civilian personnel and their spouses or designated family members, who are assigned as part of the NSS Staff or who are attending the NSS as a student and are permanently attached to another international military headquarters in Germany or in another NATO country.
- NOTE: To be eligible all NATO personnel must present a AE Form 600-700 (USAREUR Privilege & Identification Card) upon check-in. For addtional information Click here
Other Supporters of the Department of Defense
- U.S. Military personnel, U.S. citizen civilian employees of the U.S. military forces, U.S. civilian employees of Government agencies, and family members assigned to western European, eastern European, Middle Eastern, or African countries when on official duty or official leave in Germany or Italy.
- Personnel assigned to, on duty in, or on valid contracts according to AR 1-75 in U.S. diplomatic or consular posts with defense attache offices or military assistance advisory groups and missions and their successors under the 1976 International Security Assistance and Arms Export Control Act.
- DOD APF and NAF civilian employees and AAFES-Eur employees working full time in USAREUR and other civilians employees on TDY in USAREUR for 30 days or more and their family members.
- DODAPF and NAF civilian employees and employees of AAFES-Eur who are TDY in USARUER less than 30 days or having permanent change of station orders to or from USAREUR.
- Religious activity personnel, Employees of Youth Ministry organizations exclusively serving U.S. Forces and not ordinarily a resident in the host country and their families.
- TCC employees of USAREUR, AAFES Eur, Stars and Stripes Europe may patronize Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. (with authorized use of the U.S. DoD commissary and exchange service. Qualified personnel must be in possession of a valid Uniformed Services ID and Privilege Card or equivalent identification)
Others Separated from the Armed Forces and their Family Members
- Honorably discharged veterans with 100 percent Service-connected disability. ID is DD Form 1173 or DD Form 2765
- Involuntarily separated service members under the Transition Assistance Management Program ID is DD Form 2
- Personnel separated under the Voluntary Separation Incentive (VSI) and Special Separation Benefit (SSB) programs for two years after separation ID is DD Form 2
Former and/or Surviving Spouses and Family Members
- Unremarried surviving spouses of personnel who died while on active duty or while in retired status ID is DD Form 1173 or 1173-1
- Un-remarried former spouses who were married to military members for at least 20 years while the military member was on active duty ID is DD Form 1173
Specifically invited guests accompanied by an authorized patron.
I am eligible and would like to make a reservation.